Covert Hook Aligners improve the effectiveness of many rigs by controlling and enhancing the way in which the hook twists and takes hold in the carp’s mouth.
Hook Aligners are made with a flexible rubber compound that stretches over eye of the hook and fits securely when positioned. The exit angle for the hooklink material has been being specified so that it improves hooking potential, without closing up the gape of the hook.
So, how do they work?
The size, length and angle of the kicker has been specified so that they force the hook to twist more aggressively when the hook bait has been mouthed or inhaled by a feeding carp. Rigs that incorporate a Hook Aligner will react faster and hook holds will be positioned in the bottom lip or scissors. Incorporating a hook aligner also ensures that the hook twists effectively which ever direction the fish approaches the hookbait. This means you will hook and land more fish…
You can use them with a wide variety of hook patterns and with almost any hooklink; whether that is monofilament, braided or skinned hooklinks.
Hook Aligners are quick and easy to use. There’s no need to steam, shrink or shape before use! Just follow these simple steps:
- Thread the Hook Aligner onto the hooklink using a baiting needle.
- We find it is easiest with a Braided Hair Needle as it doesn’t catch pulling the hooklink through the rubber compound used in their manufacture.
- Position the Hook Aligner (as shown on the diagram) by pushing the Hook Aligner up over the hook eye.
*To ensure that rigs incorporating the Hook Aligners work to their full potential, always make sure that the curve of the Hook Aligner faces inwards lining up with the hook point.
- Available in C-Thru Green, 10 per packet.
Hook size guide:
- Large Hook Aligners are best suited for use with hooks form size 2 up to size 6.
- Small Hook Aligners are designed to work with hooks from size 8 up to size 12.